Going with the Flow

"Don't laugh at a youth for his affectations; he is only trying on one face after another to find his own." -Logan Pearsall Smith

My Photo
Name:

Truth in drama is forever elusive. You never quite find it but the search for it is compulsive. The search is clearly what drives the endeavour. The search is your task. More often than not you stumble upon the truth in the dark, colliding with it or just glimpsing an image or a shape which seems to correspond to the truth, often without realising that you have done so. But the real truth is that there never is any such thing as one truth to be found in dramatic art. There are many. These truths challenge each other, recoil from each other, reflect each other, ignore each other, tease each other, are blind to each other. Sometimes you feel you have the truth of a moment in your hand, then it slips through your fingers and is lost. - Harold Pinter

Monday, November 20, 2006

MEMORANDUM:

To Whom it may concern:

The first semester of school is almost over. For Timothy Johnston, classes will come to an end on December the 1st. He has no exams. How freaking awesome is that? This means he will be back on the Lower Mainland for much of the holiday season, which is one of his favourites. He like, totally LOVES Christmas music. He also just found out that he may have the opportunity to accompany his father to Hong Kong and Singapore for a week or so at the beginning of December. This is freaking amazing! This is pending the small detail that he needs to get a passport by then....crazy? YES. Impossible? Of course not. Let us please cross our fingers and keep him in our prayers.

Life for Tim in Victoria continues to be great. Schoolwork is piling up and he is actually (relatively) keeping up. Even HE is impressed. He misses the following things ALOT(in no particular order): Kaylee, singing, dancing, soccer, good friends, mom and dad, brothers, Kaylee, a fully stocked pantry, performing in front of a crowd, having a computer, Kaylee and a really full fridge. Luckily, some things he is getting used to being without(SEE: fully stocked pantry/fridge); Contrarily, some things he can and will not get used to being without(SEE: all of the other things on the list).

Sorry if I am not good at keeping in touch. We all knew I was not good at it when I lived at home, and I am trying to get better but unfortunately this is something I cannot learn in university. Bear with me.

So looking ahead: One essay left, One test, One in class presentation and One monologue that I wrote for myself that I am too afraid to perform. Come on Tim. Suck it up.

After that? Home free...literally.

One More Thing....You know in Garden State when Zach Braff talks about the feeling of not really having a home? You know...not a place to live but like a "home" home. Just that in-between state? Well, I think I'm kind of starting to understand what he was saying...it's a crazy life kids...but we'll save that for next time...

5 Comments:

Blogger Kaylee said...

how much do I relate to this home thing right now?!?! Even though I know my family loves me and I have all the privileges and benefits of living at home, I really can't stand to be here much longer - hence, why I am moving out too! Wicked, right? I think so.

Semester almost survived! We're troopers. I miss you muchly.

12:02 AM  
Blogger Laurz said...

oh god. That entire monologue makes so much sense right now and definitely hits ''close to home'' (ha!)

but yeah, i feel like i don't have a home home anymore, like im in transition stage of finding 'home' again. It's a weird..weeeeird feeling yeah? I'm sort of glad we're all feeling this at the same point in our lives.

i love ya timmybag!
-L
xoxo

9:23 AM  
Blogger Kimmy said...

Even though I've been "home" for over a month now, I don't really feel like this is where I feel the most at peace. I cried as we took off from London on our way back here as I knew it wasn't where I erally wanted to be.

I mean I love everyone here and I love the beautiful city that I live in, but it seems I found my "home" somewhere between Marrakech and Helsinki.

9:53 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Take me to Singapore! I have a passport - I'm good to go!

xo,
jenn

(PS I don't have a passport)

1:25 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I would just like to comment on the title of this blog.... I teared up i was laughing so hard. wow, thats some good shit right there!!! it will always be funny! i realize that you are being ethnic with the chinese over there but you can always read this when you get back.

hahaha... still funny.
loves

9:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home