Going with the Flow

"Don't laugh at a youth for his affectations; he is only trying on one face after another to find his own." -Logan Pearsall Smith

My Photo
Name:

Truth in drama is forever elusive. You never quite find it but the search for it is compulsive. The search is clearly what drives the endeavour. The search is your task. More often than not you stumble upon the truth in the dark, colliding with it or just glimpsing an image or a shape which seems to correspond to the truth, often without realising that you have done so. But the real truth is that there never is any such thing as one truth to be found in dramatic art. There are many. These truths challenge each other, recoil from each other, reflect each other, ignore each other, tease each other, are blind to each other. Sometimes you feel you have the truth of a moment in your hand, then it slips through your fingers and is lost. - Harold Pinter

Wednesday, October 25, 2006

Update A Go-Go

Ok! I'm here! Fear not young Jedis! My apologies to those who apparently read this voraciously but as I mentioned in my VERY FIRST BLOG....I SUCK AT THIS! SO BACK OFF!! *ahem*

aaaanyways...life is good kids. Very good. Victoria continues to be just a phenomenal place and I have of late found myself to be full of inspiration. It is good to be a student. I feel full of creative thoughts and impulses and have started writing them down...something I always meant to do but never did. It feels good.

Also, i have started to read a large amount of plays, which is cool cause I never did before. We have to read at least 10 for acting class, and its really a great assignment because she basically just wants us to become familiar with our craft, and the written word is really the seed for most great drama. Makes me want to write one...who knows..stay tuned for that one...

What else? Audition on Saturday for next season's Mainstages. I don't really care. I wouldn't mind having some free time in the spring to be able to work. So that's cool with me.

Hallowe'en next week AKA my dad's birthday. Happy birthday Pops! Also means dressing up on saturday and drinking...I don't know why we have to wait for Hallowe'en to do this...dressing up like someone or something else and drinking with friends should be a weekly occurence if you ask me. We should NOT need an excuse.

Miss you guys on the Mainland. Hope to see you all soon.

Here's a theatre query I thought was cool(thanks Pitout!)

FAVOURITES (Performed)
Favourite show - Seussical or Footloose
Favourite Role - Cat in the Hat or Young Comrade or Warren Straub
Favourite Musical Number - Footloose opening/closing numbers. Just straight 80's fun.

FAVOURITES(Seen)

Favourite show - Urinetown
Favourite Role - Tracy Neff/Jay Brazeau/Tracey Power in Urinetown, Johnny Fitz in Mad Boy, Matt Palmer in SUDS
Favourite Musical Number - I've Got Rythym - Crazy for You

ONSTAGE MOMENTS


Funniest onstage moment- anything Mandy did in The Lion, The Witch and The Wardrobe. Ridiculous.

Scariest onstage moment - When I almost fell to my death in Les Mis

MOST...(Performed)

Most challenging Musical Number (vocally) - ALL of Into the Woods
Most challenging Musical Number (choreographically) - I haven't really done anything that hard...I really don't know
Most challenging Show - Into the Woods(as a group) and Seussical(personally)
Most boring Show - Tartuffe
Most fun Cast - Seussical/Footloose
Most boring Cast - I wouldnt say boring but the least cohesive or one I felt least part of would be BIG:the musical
Most predictable Casting - Cat in the Hat
Most Unlikely Casting - Mysterious Man

5 Comments:

Blogger Laurz said...

Timmy!! You know whats great? I'm reading a crack load of plays right now too, same deal, we gotta read 25 a week here at AMDA, well nobody actually does, its just what they want us to shoot for. I however! HAVE BEEN DOING SO! And it's great. I never thought I would enjoy it so much, but I honestly feel my mind and creativity, vocabulary, artistic motivation and opinions grow with every single play I read. We should switch lists, i have a bunch that I made myself to read. Actually yeah, I'm gonna email them to you. As for your dads birthday, and halloween.. Happy Frickin Birthween.


I love you timmers.
Comment on my frickin blog! you read everyone elses but mine asshead!

Once again, love u
laurz
oxoso

4:28 AM  
Blogger Kaylee said...

hey lovebuns! Glad to see a friggen update!

so are you saying that dann wilhelm as nanki poo was NOT your favourite role ever seen? Please. You raved about him for weeks. I even believe you stood in protest when he didn't win at the CTC's.

I miss you - come visit soon..

1:10 AM  
Blogger Kimmy said...

Yay!! First off all let me tell you how happy I was to talk to you the other day!! Even though it was short it was WONDERFUL!!!
i'm going to try to get over there someime next week, good luck on the Audition!

11:03 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Timmy!!

Amanda and Martin from Europe here! Cool blog, we will keep reading to hear about your life in Victoria! It sounds fantastic. Are you coming home for Christmas? Write soon!

11:00 AM  
Blogger Kaylee said...

lovechild,

ditto to daniel's comment. what's wrong with this picture... we shouldn't be begging you to find out what the frig is happening in your life!!

Come home soon k?

k bye.

11:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home