Going with the Flow

"Don't laugh at a youth for his affectations; he is only trying on one face after another to find his own." -Logan Pearsall Smith

My Photo
Name:

Truth in drama is forever elusive. You never quite find it but the search for it is compulsive. The search is clearly what drives the endeavour. The search is your task. More often than not you stumble upon the truth in the dark, colliding with it or just glimpsing an image or a shape which seems to correspond to the truth, often without realising that you have done so. But the real truth is that there never is any such thing as one truth to be found in dramatic art. There are many. These truths challenge each other, recoil from each other, reflect each other, ignore each other, tease each other, are blind to each other. Sometimes you feel you have the truth of a moment in your hand, then it slips through your fingers and is lost. - Harold Pinter

Monday, September 25, 2006

Fast Times at the University of Victoria

Hey! I'm here! I'm sorry! It's hard to get any solid time on the internet when you don't have a computer of your own! I know Kim and Abby...I have nothing to complain about :P The point is..I'm alive! And enjoying life as a Vike!

Things are obviously a little strange, having to get used to taking care of myself and my own business but so far so good. Lots of friendly people and friendly profs. There's a really great atmosphere around the campus and the program has been very cool thus far. The students are responsible for ALOT in the theatre: design, acting, directing, marketing, box office and pretty much anything else you can think of. It's fantastic.

On that note...I just got cast in my first UVIC show! It's a SATCO which is the student alternative theatre company and its an original play written by one of the students. Just me and another guy in it, we both get to play several parts. Should be interesting to work on. Goes up at the end of October.

Speaking of the end of things. How about the end of sleeping on a couch?! That's right! As of this Sunday, October 1st, Jared and myself will be the proud residents of the basement suite at 3037 Carroll street, Victoria BC. HOORAY!! We're stoked to finally have a place to call home after so long a search. It's going to be great. Feel free to drop by when you're in town!

On that note, I'm off to see another SATCO show but I hope to get the update happening more often. Miss you guys!

just one more thing... "A Apple" <------Don't Forget!

3 Comments:

Blogger Kaylee said...

so happy for you guys! so happy you have a place! SO HAPPY I get to come visit this weekend! so happy in general today! congrats again on the show.

life is good.

i miss you.

12:11 PM  
Blogger Laurz said...

love you timbo! congrats on the part. You rock my sockies off.

12:57 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

When's it play? Before or after Fiddler opens (Nov. 9)? Would love to come see it!

I'm glad you finally have a place to live! Do you actually know how to cook? I'll ask Brad to give you some pointers (ah ha...ha...ha)

Love ya' lots!
L():o)

11:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home